Saturday, October 01, 2005

Drive By Shootings




Left Carlsbad around 5:30 p.m. a couple of Fridays ago headed for Arizona with my 24 year old son, Eldest Son. He is a handsome fellow, if you like pirates. Notice the black eye. He has an artist soul and is an outlaw at heart. I might have listened to too much Waylon and Willie when he was a young'un.

Anyway, ELdest Son took these pictures from a moving vehicle on the El Paso highway. I took the one of him. These were taken between Carlsbad and El Paso somewhere around Guadalupe Mountain National Park and El Capitan, or what locals call "the point of the mountain". It was a cloudy afternoon and about 6 p.m. the sun started peaking through the clouds and shooting rays over the mountain tops. We had been discussing some possible magazine articles and that he could take photographs for me. He said, "Hey, hand me that camera." And he started hanging out the car window snapping shots. At first I was scared for the camera, and then for him. I really didn't think they would come out, but they are pretty good. He entered four of them in the novice class of the Images of Carlsbad Art Show this weekend, his first contest. Hope you like them.



1 comment:

Cowtown Pattie said...

He is a handsome guy, shiner and all! Looks like someone I would have drooled over when I was a twenty-something!