Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Hang up and drive!


I had my students write about pet peeves today. Most were not familiar with the term, so we talked about examples of pet peeves. A couple of examples I gave them were drivers who were so absorbed in their phone conversations they sat through traffic lights, and drivers who insisted in sharing their music with me from two blocks away. I have other pet peeves, but the driving thing really brings out the worst in some people. There is something about being alone in a car that gives some people the idea that they are invisible. How many times have you seen people doing these things: singing like they were in the shower, picking their nose, applying makeup, cell phone abuse, and my personal favorite - turn completely around and smack a child in the backseat? Hey out there - you are not invisible when you are in your car. Hang up and drive! And no, thank you, I do not wish to share your latest gangsta cd.

No comments: