Sunday, November 13, 2005

It was the worst of times....

It's not writer's block. It is the feeling that the things that are happening in our country are so over whelming that writing about them would lessen their impact. Americans have their own gulag. What can I possible say that will not trivialize the wrongness of this. The whole Cheny thing. George Bush seems to be a figurehead in the true sense of the word.

There is a sadness that I cannot seem to get past. I am going to quit writing about politics. I'm going to only write about local events and interesting discoveries. I enjoy writing too much to let it disturb me like this. Most people hear enough of political commentary anyway.

My new interest is chickens. I want to have a few hens in my back yard. I wonder if I can get away with it in town. Some say yes and some say no. I think if I don't keep a rooster I might can swing it. Don't like roosters anyway. (see previous post) Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: