Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Can you imagine what it must be like in New Orleans standing in line to get into the stadium? Or in bumper to bumper traffic with a car full of kids trying to get out of the city? If there is a direct hit on New Orleans, this is going to be a horror story to put the TV dramas to shame. As a matter of fact, there was a tv show with a storyline very similar not too long ago. Hurricane hits Gulf Coast, Saudis sell all their oil to China, and US economy goes down in flames. I remember the trailers but did not watch, I'm not crazy about fake disasters. This real disaster could be terrible. I hope the weather and news channels are wrong. And I hope the Saudis don't watch anymore tv than I do.
I can't stop thinking about the elderly people who are scared tonight and the young people who still think they are bullet proof. What will the next few hours be like for them? The storm of a lifetime, the disaster of a lifetime, families with children trying to get away and old people who are sitting alone in their rooms all at the mercy of the weather God.

No comments: