Tuesday, August 23, 2005

First of School

You would think the first couple of weeks of my twenty-first year would have been a piece of cake. Well, no. New history books still not in until today. One NM history class, one US history class, and four eighth grade language arts classes. The trouble with being versatile is that you are versatile. While some teachers, especially teachers with this much seniority, get to spend their quality time teaching the same subject all day, I get to broaden my horizons. It reminds me of the book that made me decide I wanted to teach, Up the Down Staircase, the assisstant principal answered every query with, "Let it be a challenge!" They did not refer to him as Admiral Ass. for nothing. Everything is a challenge. Staff was reduced at our school by 5 positions. And I do understand that the district has to meet budget. My gripe is that we have to reinvent the wheel each and every school year.

No comments: