Saturday, July 30, 2005

Save the El Mirador








It has come to my attention that there is a possibility that Mr. Mathis is about to demolish the El Mirador Apartments on Greene Street. Please someone say this isn’t so. I heard this at a beauty shop, so I will not claim it to be a reliable fact, but this has to be looked into further. There have been too many demolished historic buildings downtown. I once heard this tree in the courtyard of those apartments is the oldest tree in town. It would make a wonderful boutique plaza. It can be saved. We do not need another parking lot or dollar store. I will look into this further.
Yes, this building is going to be demolished by Mr. Mathis. I do not know what he is planning. It might be too late to save this building. He is also wants to demolish the National Bank building that is a National Historical Landmark.

No comments: