Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Same Old Gripe


I know you have heard it all before, but I can't help myself. What are people thinking? Christmas is way out of control. It is suppose to be the 24 and 25 of December - maybe a week before. I could even live with "The Twelve Days of Christmas". But Christmas should not start on the Friday after Thanksgiving and last until Valentine's Day.

No - I cannot get in the spirit. No, my lights are not up yet and neither is my tree. I might not even put up a tree. I will hang a wreath on the door. I will buy a few gifts. But I feel like I am being held hostage by the entire month of December. Do people really enjoy all this mess and stress? I saw people out in 10 degree weather trying to adjust Christmas lights they hung in November.

Walmart is packed. And no one looks like they are enjoying the season. Wouldn't Christmas be more enjoyable if there was less of it?

Is it just me? Am I turning into a Scrooge?

By the way Christmas on the Pecos is as beautiful as always. And I do respect and admire all of those people who work so hard to make it a successful event. But I'm glad I don't live on the river. Happy Holidays.

No comments: